Preventing Global & Existential Catastrophe
Reducing the risk of human extinction and preserving our planet and beyond for future generations
Because how can we and others reach our full potential and accomplish our life goals if our planet gets destroyed and we're all dead?
See also: Global catastrophic risk on Wikipedia
See more here
- Future Of Humanity Institute
- The Future of Life Institute
- DRAWDOWN maps, measures, models, and describes the 100 most substantive solutions to global warming
- foodsystemshock addresses famine. How do we feed everyone in the event of a global catastrophe that suddenly reduces food supply?
Are any of the following books good?
Creating a map of the terrian, and a venacular
- What institutions are working on global catastrophic and existential risk?
- How likely are various risks, which are the most likely, which the most devistating?
- Which individuals have the best understanding of catastrophic risk?
- What can we do to prevent global or existential catastrophe?
- If some event cannot be avoided, how can we surive it? (e.g. a table of events -> strategies)
- What are the best books or resources on the subject?